Shri. Santosh S LadEx-MinisterGovernment of Karnataka
Mr. Santosh Lad’s father passed away when he was only 16 years. He shouldered a lot of responsibility of looking after family business from the young age. He not only groomed his family business, but also diversified into several other sectors – always moving up and always moving forward. He also built his political career purely on his visionary thinking.
- Councillor, Sandur Town Panchayat (2002)
- Contested and Elected as MLA representing JD (S) from Sandur – Bellary District – 2004
- Joined Indian National Congress in 2007 and became active member
- Elected as MLA representing INC from Kalghatgi Constituency (Dharwad District) 2008
- The only MLA to be elected as Congress Candidate in the whole of Dharwad District.
- Appointed as General Secretary, KPCC – 2010
- Appointed as Raichur District-in-charge by KPCC in the year 2011
- Joined the leaders of KPCC in the Padayatra (walkathon) from Bangalore to Bellary to highlight the BJP Government’s failures.
- Elected as MLA from Kalghatgi (Dharwad District) 2013 with a margin of 45600 votes. This is 3rd time as an MLA to Karnataka Assembly.
- Served as Ministry for Information and infrastructure , Labour & Skill Development, Government of Karnataka.